Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Southwest Famous Alumni Passes

Probably all of us have seen that actor Peter Graves died yesterday at age 83, but did you know that he was a SW alum?

His brother James Arness (Matt Dillon of “Gunsmoke”, still alive) went to Central HS but by the time Peter was of high school age Southwest had been built, and he came here.

I believe he was therefore in the first 4-year graduating class, and I’m guessing he is our most famous alum. How many of you remember watching him as Jim in the old Saturday morning TV show “Fury”?

I have never known who I liked more, him or Fury, but even when I was 8 he made my heart go pittypat.

Have a good week, everyone. Enjoy the warmth.
Stephanie Wegner
Spanish Teacher and keeper of SW History

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Muchisimas gracias. Es importante saber la historia.