Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Always Love Regardless

It is very difficult to be a Zoo Keeper and complain about cleaning the cage at night.  Or maybe a better way to say it -- If you have been a parent of a young child you have experienced the thrill of finding that love of your life covered with that sticky stuff that normally is the bottom of the diaper.  Yes, that precious bundle of joy somehow managed to express him/herself and then wiggle out of the diaper and smear the results all over the wall, the crib, her.himself and anything else in reach.

Ok, so you get the idea.  You still love them beyond logic and reasoning but you do share some thoughts as you clean up or repaint the room.  They do what they do because that is the age they are.

Most of the time you can look back on it and wait for that day of revenge like the birth of their first child or the wedding reception or one of the special days -- digital pictures are great.  You can project them more than lifesize.
Escaped from some farmyard.  If you recognize, please bring ladder
and remove from trees in front of the school.

Yesterday, it was yarn and ribbon and string all over the commons.  Frequently, I am never sure what I do is exactly right.  So I reacted that way I figured I was supposed to - I was indignant and irritated and proceeded to attempt to break and cut away the obstacles.  It was the end of third period and I assume the trap was for the change of classes and the confusion that would occur.  So, yes, I interrupted the scene and with the help of some friends we opened that hallway.

I did not have to repaint and thankfully no one was hurt.  I still love them even though I am sure I uttered some of those words under my breath.  They are and will continue to be creative.  We will attempt to continue with the adult role and try and keep people safe.  Somewhere there is a balance.

We love them and very proud of all they have done and become.  Yet, it is time for them to go.  Fly big bird, fly to your destiny.

No comments: