Thursday, September 24, 2009

High School never seems to change

Over the years lots of kids turn 14 and then 16 and so on. Yes, every year (decade) is different and the times are a changin.' But some things seem very much the same.

Tempers flar, one rumor leads to another confrontation and then we are mad at one another. Even in our perfect world (don't we wish) things happen that we wish wouldn't. Yes, once in a while two of our darlings fuss at each other and make much more of a scene then they should or the incident deserves.

Reports are going to come home that our teenagers were acting like teenagers today. Sometimes the report home is fairly accurate and sometimes it is a compiled version of what I thought I saw, heard, was told about or would like to believe.

Our goal is to stay focused on the educational opportunities and challenges facing our children.. However, there are times we get involved in day-to-day events of young people and their efforts to mature and be responsible. I believe our schools are safe and a very healthy place for all our children.

If a story comes home that concerns you or repeated too often please ask or contact me. No, I am not going to post every time I have to work with an upset child -- that is the natural course of events. Yes, I will immediately post a serious or severe situation that may (rightly so) upset you and/or your family. Because I know - as stated by one of our famous Americans -- "Kids say the darndest things." (Art Linkletter)

No comments: