Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Proud of Our Students!

I wanted to share this note emailed to me by a very nice person on the plane who lives very far from here. We know we have great kids and staff but it is very nice to hear about it from someone who is not connected with us. We are also proud of our students. We think they are being prepared to deal with a wide variety of situations. Dr. Smith- I was a passenger on Delta Flight 2019 which left LaGuardia on Sunday evening and soon thereafter made an emergency landing at JFK. I just wanted to compliment your students and the adults who were chaperoning them. They stayed calm (or appeared to from a distance). During our several hour stay at JFK, the adults wisely kept the students at a gate next to the one from which we were departing. This not only kept the students together but kept them from being annoying and/or disruptive to the rest of the passengers. I am on the Board of Directors at _______________ High School in __________ [not in Minnesota]. I hope our students are never in a situation such as the one we were in on Sunday evening but if they are, I hope they and the adults traveling with them act as well as the Southwest students and adults did. Travelor on same plane

No comments: