Monday, July 1, 2013

Beauty in Places Not Expected -- Like Truth

"I never intended to write a book.  All of this started when I wrote a
letter."

"The truth is that the world is what we make it.  What consequences our action bring -- that is truth."

"The only truth that is self-evident is that we determine how truthful we want to be with each other."

Quotations from Chris Kluwe's book Beautifully Unique Sparklepones on Myths, Morons, Free speech, Football and Assorted Absurdities

I am not much in sports books.  Many seem so self serving.  I do recommend reading this one.  Kluwe was the Grand Marshall of the Gay Pride Parade this weekend and was cut by the Viking this spring and will play for Oakland this fall. 

That book is about being human.  You can agree and disagree with what writes - as with any author.  I think it is worth the read.  It moves quickly and there is humor and silliness along with interesting thoughtful points.

No comments: