Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SW Students Present to Minneaplis Board of Education


Dear Kakehashi Parents and Students,

Thank you all for coming to the school board.  I am very satisfied that we did our three minute presentation very well.  Susie and Fadumo memorized their speeches and did a wonderful job.  I prepared 57 pictures to show board members through the screens, but somehow the board decided not to show them.  I brought folders for each board member to show our itinerary, pictures of participants' face with names and grades, pictures of our trip to Japan, and pictures of Izumi High School's visit.  Hopefully they saw these.

At the board, I saw Doone, Henry, Diego, Matt, Laurel, Emma, Cameron, Stuart, Denys, Anna, Susie, Julia, Fadumo, Taylor, Yanique, Kimberly, Jackie, Eli, and Nick.  Wow!  There were 19 students there!

I saw Henry's mom, Matt's Dad, Laurel's parents, Emma's mom, Stuart's Dad, Anna's mom, Susie's mom, Taylor's dad, and Eli's parents.  There were 11 parents in all who came to support.  

Thank you all for coming for the presentation.  I feel my Kakehashi family's warmth and support deeply.

I am very proud of my Kakehashi family.  I will never forget our memories that we have made since last May.  When I said "this is the last official Kakehashi event", Jackie felt very sad.  Taylor said we should organize one more potluck party toward end of this year.  I am happy to organize it.  Shall we do one more gathering together toward the end of year?

Fortunately and unfortunately,  Emma is going to Japan and this Friday is her last day at Southwest this school year.    I hope she will come back to show off how much she can speak Japanese next time we see her after her new program ends.  I hope Emma will have a wonderful year in Japan.  We will miss her a lot.

Many thanks to Parichart Wallen, who took pictures for us around 5:30 and during our presentation.  Please click the link below to see them.  Students and parents who came just before our presentation were not in the pictures.  If you have different pictures, please send them to me so I can upload them to the site.


 Again, thank you all for coming to the event.  I appreciate your kindness and support.

 
Best,
Kyoko French
Southwest Japanes World Language Teacher

No comments: