Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Volunteer and Become a Graduation Coach

The single most important factor in a young person’s success is a consistent relationship with a caring, supportive adult. But one in three young people grow up without a mentor.

You can make a transformative difference in the life of a Minneapolis high school student by becoming an AchieveMpls Graduation Coach during the 2016-17 academic year. Through six hours of volunteer time per month, you can offer personalized support to help students stay on track, graduate on time and make a great plan for life after high school.

We provide the curriculum, structure and training. You bring the wisdom, encouragement and support!

Here’s what one student participant said: “My Graduation Coach helped me with college applications, understand the FAFSA, find possible job opportunities, and even talked about prom ideas. I think the best part overall was helping me discuss my career choice and talking about business classes and connections. I think I’ll be a success because of her.”

Apply by June 30 at www.achievempls.org/GraduationCoaches. For more information, contact Amy Shapiro at ashapiro@achievempls.org or 612.455.1550.

Sincerely,

Kaylie Burns Gahagan

MPS Volunteer Coordinator

No comments: