Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday - one-quarter of a year

I think I am just about prepared to start and it is the end of the quarter. That means we are 25% (one-quarter) of the way finished with school year. It may be a by-product of age or a sign that one is having a good time, but the parts seem to fly by so quickly.

The realities of finishing high school and being off into the real world is quickly marching into the home and lives of our seniors. The freshpeople are getting a little older (somehow that still takes time). Those in between are finally looking at that GPA and trying to remember all the silly things they posted on Facebook or YouTube and wondering if that college admissions officer really is going to look.

I remind myself and try to live in such a way that every moment must be treasured. There are no repeats in this process. I pass a student in the hall and say hello - or fail to - that moment was here, now and gone. That smile or simple pleasant greeting really is significant. What have I done this day to make things work better for each and every student? How has my action of this moment made an impact on the ways of society?

No, I am not off onto an ego trip thinking my every move has some universal significance. But I do think we have opportunities and we make choices. Collectively how does our live add up?

Well, enough of that in this wonderful sun light. Three more quarters to go. I trust they went well for you and your family. It will be summer all too quickly.

No comments: