Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Three days in a long week

Just three days. One would think that would be a breeze. Well, let me tell you....

We want to celebrate with our kids. I don't care if it is sports' championships or a good grade on a test or a successful production or just making it to school on time. We must celebrate the moments.

There are events in our lives that escape understanding. We blow through the days without noticing the people around us or the changes in the weather or the birds migrating south or the feelings of our best friends. Then the bottom falls out. We suffer and feel the pain. Life brings its share of sorrows as well.

I often think I am old enough to have gone through it all and developed the coping skills to make it through. Well, maybe I am but there I days I doubt it. But I do believe that 13, 14, 15, 16 year old kids don't have those experiences and skills that we might. We must be there for them. We must listen and watch. We don't always make the best decisions so you can image what a young one is going through and trying to make out of it all.

This is had been quite a roller coaster ride of emotions. And we are not over.

Just be there for them... and each other.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well said and a good reminder for all of us grownups.