Thursday, February 23, 2017

Southwest Alumni and Student Inspired to Take Action Written by 2015 Grad


11 Girls Who Were Inspired to Take Action Following the Election


Two of the young women interviewed in Seventeen Magazine are current and former Southwest students.  This is the link.








"I'm Making My Friend Group More Diverse"
"I've participated in a school walkout to protest Trump's presidency. I've marched through my neighborhood chanting, 'My body, my choice!' I do feel scared, but even though I'm a young woman, and I realize this presidency could affect me, I also recognize that it will have an even larger effect on other people. So my plan is to expose myself to a broader range of perspectives from many different types of people not just in the classroom but in my social life. This means befriending people who don't come from the same background as me, like sitting with people of different nationalities and religions at my school's cafeteria."


– Ava, 15, Minneapolis, MN


No comments: