Wednesday, June 2, 2010

At the end of the day

Ok, so I made it home. Watched the sky with colorful clouds left from sunset. Stretched out my legs and thought, this wasn't so bad.

Funny how a few hours can make a world of difference. I was so proud of them as I listened to the fine arts awards program. They are talented, caring kids. We spent four years together. For some of them, from the corner of the room watched them struggle, block a couple tears and go back to it. I listened to the applause they earned from a supportive audience. I cheered as they moved on to another city championship. I yelled at them for being late to class, being silly, making a mess, not cleaning up...just being who they are at 13, 14,...18.

At the end of the day I think....they are really alright... They have a good start.....it really has been great fun!

A big sigh...tomorrow it is the red shirt juniors trying to make their mark in the sun........ another cycle of start and finish....of adventure and opportunity. After all, I have a full year to figure out how to get ahead of them this time next year........

No comments: