Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Science 9th Grade Cell Scavenger Hunt

Today was the annual 9th grade science cell scavenger hunt.  The 9th graders went sent out on a search throughout the building for clues about cells.  --The kind in your body - not the kind attached to your ear.

Each class was divided into teams.  Each team followed the clues to find the next piece of the cell puzzle.  Great opportunity for the students to work together and learn about a complex system.

The clues were scattered throughout the building.  I read many as I walked the halls today.  Glad I am out of the 9th grade.  I would have some difficulty spelling those thinks let alone defining and describing and explaining purposes and differences.

Yes, there were kids in the halls today learning about cells.  I am certain some of the conversation was not exactly about science but I also know they were developing new acquaintances and hopefully friends.

No comments: