Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Assistant Principal change for next year.

It is that time of year. Change happens and we move through it and with it. Southwest has been fortunate to have a stable and solid administrative team for several years. I trust this has been seen as an advantage to all of the staff and families
.
I regret to inform you that Dr. Deb Gunter will be reassigned to North High School starting August 1st. I appreciate her service to the school, her hard work with and for our students and her counsel throughout these years. It has been my pleasure to work with her. We wish her well.

At the same time we welcome another experienced administrator into our school to be a part of our staff. Ellen Stewart is being assigned to Southwest to fill the role of Assistant Principal. She will begin her duties here on August 1st. I know you will welcome Ellen as she makes her way into Southwest this fall.

For Ellen, coming to Southwest is full circle. Words from Ellen “I started my coaching/teaching at Southwest now I am back. I am excited about the change. I welcome the change for both personal reasons (my family, young children) and professional experience. I will miss North!"

Good Luck Deb! Welcome Ellen

No comments: