Thursday, May 6, 2010

Input and feedback -- request

I try and get out into the community as much as possible. I talk with many of you throughout the school year. Many of you talk, call or email as you think of things or have ideas - or complaints. I listen to it all and store it in memory comparments and at different times I use what bits and pieces I hear as I continue to strive to provide a quality education for all our students.

Well, I ask for more. If you have thoughts, ideas, concerns, well wishes or statements of frustration, please email me.

bsmith@mpls.k12.mn.us

I can do nothing about things I do not know. That is not a promise that I will take care of things I know. Quality education is what we want and expect. I do not believe I am perfect and do not expect perfection for you or your children. What I do expect is repect of self and others, continued hard work to reach our dreams and concern for ourselves, our families, our neighbors, our country and our world.

If you have spepcific questions I will answer or point you in directions that can produce answers. Being average takes no work. But you do not have average kids and I am not interested in just getting by.

What's own your mind? I believe in continuous feedback and we all are involved in this process of making this a better place. The leaders of tomorrow are in our classes today. What do we want them to learn and how do we expect them to learn it?

No comments: