Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Purple is school color but not of legs

I think purple is an attractive color worn right. It is historically regal and over the years is the color of kings and queens. The fact that it is the Southwest school color helps make it okay.

But the color of legs? I am only guessing that it is from an extreme sense of school pride that the shorts are so tight that the legs then become purple. Not that is dedication over and beyond the call of duty. Maybe for six or seven hours it may work but I think that over time the restriction of blood to the lower leg and feet will cause significant problems. I know what happens to pigs' tails when you tie them off. In a very short time the tail falls off.

You might check the children in the morning. Does it appear that their legs are a different color? Is it possible every week is not purple leg day at school? Maybe the feet need an exchange of blood once in a while.

I know that tomorrow I am going to make a serious fashion mistake. I am going to suggest that tummies and mid-drifts need to be covered. I think there are birthing nurses that have seen less skin of some of the children then we have. I know I am just on old fogey but we have pushed the fashion window too far.

Thankfuly the vast majority of our students understand the school is not a street corner and they dress appropriately. I do understand that today's fashions stress underwear and bare almost anything. But I suggest that is okay for parties on the weekends, the backyard and the privacy of your own home.

No comments: